For the Garmin GPS update, you need to install the Garmin Express application on your system. The software is helpful in installing all the latest software and map updates on your system. Also, it gives you desktop notifications whenever new updates are available so that you can install them easily. Also, you can save your preferred maps in the application and then transfer onto your Garmin GPS device.
Procedure for Garmin GPS Update
To install Garmin Express and your desired map updates, you need to follow the guidelines that are given below:
- First of all, open a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc on your system.
- Now, go to Garmin.com/express by typing it in the address bar.
- It will take you to the Software Download window. Select “Download for Mac” or “Download for Windows” tab as per your operating system. By doing so, the file will begin downloading
- Wait for its completion. Then, double-click the file and it will show you a pop-up box of User Account Control, select the Yes option.
- On the installation window, review all the terms of the License Agreement and then click on the Install button given there.
- When the installation is completed, click on the Get Started tab to open the application.
- It will take you to a new window. For the Garmin GPS update, you need to click on the Add Device tab. Then, connect your Garmin GPS device to the computer by attaching a USB cable. Then, the software will start searching for your device.
- When the screen says that the device is found, click on the Add Device button which is given below your product name.
- In the next window, sign in to your account by providing your registered email address and password. But in case, you have not created a Garmin account before, click on the Create Garmin Account button. Then, pursue the instructions displayed on your screen to complete the process of account creation.
- It will take you to a new window, you need to enter your device nickname and then click on the “Next” button.
- In the next window, the screen displays – the setup is complete. Now, it will start searching for the available updates. Click on the “Install All” button if you want to install all the software and map updates. Alternatively, you can click on the view details link and it will show you a list of the latest updates.
- Select your preferred update that you want to install from the list. Then, click on the Install button which is positioned next to your selected update.
- Now, it will take you to the Software License agreements window. Read all the terms and conditions by scrolling down the page. For Garmin GPS update, it is necessary to agree with all the terms of the agreement. So, to continue with the installation process, click on the Accept button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- By doing so, all your selected updates begin to install. As the process may take a few minutes, so you need to wait patiently. Ensure that you do not Unplug your device or turn off your system in between the installation process.
- Also, Garmin Express will install the Software updates firstly. When all the software updates get installed successfully, installation of the map updates will begin.
- When the process is over and all the updates are installed, it will show you the “Updates Complete” window. To view all the updates, click on the Check for Updates tab given there.
- This finishes the process of the Garmin GPS Update. Now, close the Garmin Express application and unplug your device by removing the USB cable.